Defining My Curves

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Six Things

Well, I was up about 0.2 this morning (218.6), but I’m not stressing it. I’ll lose it before long, no worries. I’m wearing my favorite maxi dress, and I can tell it fits better. That’s what I’m shooting for, not a number on the scale.

So, I’ve been reading Chicken Soup for the Single’s Soul (great book, btw) and there was a story about a lady who made a list of six things she wanted to do everyday. It really struck a chord in me, so I’m going to try to do it! I’ll list every morning what I’m going to do for each item on the list, and when I accomplish it I’ll strike them out (or color them, or something.) So, here’s the list, with what I’m going to do today:

1. Do Something For Yourself: Take a long, relaxing bath.

2. Do Something for Someone Else: Clean up the kitchen for mom after dinner.

3. Do Something You Don’t Want to Do: Go through my shoes and donate any that haven’t been worn in at least 6 months to the chamber fundraiser.

4. Do a Physical Exercise: Going to the YMCA after work to do the treadmill and bike!

5. Do a Mental Exercise: Online Crossword.

6. Do an Original Prayer, Starting with Your Blessings: I’ll write that in my journal. It’s private. I’ll do it tonight.

That was tougher to think of than I thought it would be. Most of them won’t be checked off until later, but still. I really think that this will help me take my focus off the whole “every single one of my friends getting married but me” thing. I want to do more volunteer work, but unfortunately I just don’t have time lately. This is helping others (and bettering myself!) but with less time commitment!

I’ll update later. <3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home