Defining My Curves

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rant & Rave

Hello blogosphere!! Sorry it’s been so long. I’ve been caught up in work, studying for the CPA (first part August 31!), and working on projects for my alma mater. Just to update, weight wise I’m down to 216.4 (holla!) and exercise wise, well…I haven’t exactly been on top of that like I should be. I’m hoping to go to the gym this afternoon & get my one month evaluation, since I missed it last Saturday. We shall see.

Anywho, I was reading through my blogroll this morning and found a FAB post on Eat, Live, Run. Go read it! Right now! :D Seriously, it’s a great and very thoughtful post. I’ve been thinking about a lot of the things she said lately. At the beginning of my loonnngg WL journey (last February!) I ate all fat-free, low-fat, fake crap. That’s exactly what it was. Absolute garbage.

Do I still have something low-fat every now and then? Sure. But since I have started to incorporate more organic and natural foods into my diet, I have had less stomach problems, more energy, and had a better overall attitude. I know, it sounds crazy! But I honestly am more positive and upbeat when I’m feeding my body healthy food.

I love Weight Watchers. I am one of the their biggest fans, just because I know if you work the program, it works for you. However, this is the one issue I have with them. I feel like they promote over-processed, FAKE food instead of healthy, organic, and natural foods. Or, at the very least, they don’t encourage members to eat full fat foods. I know you’re going, wait, what?! Full fat?! The HORROR!

Seriously, peeps. Today, instead of throwing a fat-free slice of cheese on your sandwich, try some full-fat goat cheese. You need a LOT less because the flavor’s so much better. Not to mention it’s much, much healthier.

Anyway, there’s my rant for today. Take it or leave it. I have no nutritional training, so this is just coming from my experiences. :D I have nothing but love for WW.

I think this post is long enough, don’t you? I’m going to go study for the CPA exam some more. 20 more days!! ::shudder::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home